Rules and Regulations
Must be registered before you catch the Bass.
Participation and Eligibility:
- Participation is open to all anglers’ minors must be fishing with a legal boat operator. Any person entering this event under the age of 18 must have the signature of their parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the official entry form
Federal, State and Local Laws:
- All contestants must have a valid fishing license and are required to obey all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. If you are fishing a lake/reservoir that is split with Texas, you must have a Texas, or the shared state license required by the state.
- Safe boating must be always observed. Each Contestant must follow all Texas Parks & Wildlife and U.S. Coast Guard Regulations. Use good judgement on unsafe weather days, you will have more days to fish this is a yearlong fishing tournament. Remember Safety First.
Permitted Fishing Methods:
- Only artificial lures may be used, only one fishing rod per angler may be used at any one time. Additional rods may be in the boat and ready for use. Trolling is only allowed with the trolling motor.
- Boat and Horsepower Regulation: Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment.
Permitted Fishing Locations:
- Toledo Bend & Sam Rayburn Reservoir Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat. Bank fishing is permissible.
- Only Largemouth, Spotted, Red Eye or Smallmouth Bass (collectively, ‘Bass’) are accepted species. This is a Big Bass Tournament
- Must weigh fish at certified scales, a list of certified scales can be found at www.primetimebassin.com and TPWD recognition program/Share lunker program and bass tournament trails that have certified scales that can be verified. If you are weighing bass on tournament trail not listed, you must make sure they are certified and provide good contact number to PTB so we can verify the scales. If in the event you weigh bass on non-certified scales, you will have till the end of the month to have them certified before getting your catch approved. Must use JPN meter service 409-594-7520. Paying to have scales certified will be the responsibility of person submitting the bass or tournament trail.
Submitting Your Bass:
- Must submit a picture of contestant holding the fish, weights will be verified from weigh stations. Must submit your catch within the month it was caught and weighed. Remember the tie breaker for tied weights is first bass submitted using time and date when bass was submitted to Prime Time Bassin.
- : Bass must be alive to weigh in. The use of chemical in live well additives which promote the healthy return of bass to their natural habitat are recommended.
- In the event of a tie for one of the places being paid, or overall winner. The tie breaker will be earliest, Date and time of the fish submitted to Prime Time Bassin in for the tie.
- Polygraph exams will be administered randomly. Failure to pass the examination will result in disqualification.
- All entries are final. No refunds are given.
Must be registered for PTB yearlong tournament and the Bonus to receive any of the Bonus payouts including big bass for the year